Saturday, August 27, 2011

Black-Eyed Kid Encounter in Ireland

It was warm the night Carris Holdsworth walked to her apartment from a friend’s house in Lisburn, a city of 71,465 in Northern Ireland near Belfast.

Then 18-year-old Holdsworth didn’t know terror waited for her at home.

“It was about 10:45,” she said of that night in 2009. “I was only 18 and had a small flat in a very rough part of the neighborhood. That’s why it unsettled me when I saw two boys standing in my small patch of grass which I called my yard.”

The boys one about 16 years old the other 13 or 14, stood with their backs to Holdsworth.

“I edged around the corner, and as if they knew I was there, both turned around to face me at the same time,” she said. “They were just merely boys.”

As the teenagers turned to face her, she felt more than just unsettled.

“I felt raw fear when I laid eyes on them,” she said.

Holdsworth stopped a few yards from them, a fist in her handbag wrapped around a tin of pepper spray.

“I was ready to defend myself if one of them made any sudden movements,” she said.

But they didn’t. They seemed to know what she was thinking.

“No need for that,” the older one spoke, calmly and maturely. “We just want to borrow your phone, miss.”

Her knuckles began to turn white as her grip tightened on the pepper spray.

“They looked like any other teenager around these parts,” she said. “Hoody, jeans and grubby trainers (running shoes). But while the older one spoke I zeroed down on his eyes – they were pitch black. No trace of white or pupil at all.”

Further depths of terror rushed through her.

“I made a silent gasp,” she said. “It was as if I was in terrible danger; that I had to get away. My heart rate went off.”

All she knew at that moment is that she had to get inside her apartment.

“I didn’t know exactly what to do, so I marched towards my flat door, ignoring the two boys,” she said. “I fiddled around quickly in my bag trying to find my keys.”

“Please miss,” the younger boy said from behind her. “My mother won’t be happy if she doesn’t know where we are.”

Something pulled at her mind, to let them in, to help them.

“I wanted to obey them at first considering that they were young,” she said. “But seeing their eyes took me away. I just had to get away from them both and I knew if I obeyed them I was going to seriously regret it.”

“No. I, I, I …” she stammered.

“I couldn’t get my words out,” she said. “My hands hit my keys and I swiftly opened my door and slid in. My heart was banging against my chest.”

Shaking, Holdsworth fixed a cup of coffee, sat on the sofa in her living room, turned on the television and tried to calm down.

“I didn’t bother to check if they were still there in case I stared into those soulless eyes,” she said.

A knock sounded on her front door.

“I ignored it. It knocked again,” Holdsworth said. “I felt in real danger.”

She stood and padded to the front door. Everything was silent for one second, two, three, then knuckles on the other side of the door rapped out three loud knocks.

“It scared me, making me jump back a few steps,” she said “I was grateful that my door was completely made of wood. I looked through the peep hole and almost died.”

The boys’ faces filled the peep hole.

“Both of them staring at me with those pitch-black eyes,” she said. “The horrid feeling of dread completely overwhelmed me.”

“Miss, we won’t hurt you. We promise,” one of the boys said.

Anger momentarily overwhelmed Holdsworth’s fear and she threw open the door. The boys stood in the doorway, grinning at her.

“What do you want?” she demanded.

“We want to use your phone,” the older one said.

“No,” she yelled.

“Just let us in to use the phone,” he said. “We won’t hurt you. We have no weapons to hurt you with.”

“Get away from my flat,” she shouted, then slammed the door in their faces.

Safely behind her solid wooden door, Holdsworth looked back through the peep hole. The boys still stood there, but they were no longer smiling.

“That feeling of utter terror and danger ran through me,” she said.

She went through her apartment, made sure every door, every window, was locked, then picked up the telephone.

“I called my friend to come around that it was an emergency and I needed her help,” she said, calling a friend other than police because she didn’t want to draw attention to her apartment.

Holdsworth’s friend arrived 10 minutes later.

“When I opened the door I couldn’t help but hug her,” Holdsworth said. “She told me two boys were standing in my yard but they left once she arrived. She said they made her feel in danger.”

Holdsworth has since moved to a different neighborhood, but the terror of the night of the Black-Eyed Kids stays with her.

“I always check through that peep hole before I go to sleep,” she said. “I don’t know exactly what those boys were, but I do know they meant me harm and that they weren’t human in any way. I still get scared thinking about it.”

Got a scary story? Ever played with a Ouija board, heard voices, seen a ghost, UFO or a creature you couldn’t identify? Let Jason know about it: Jason Offutt, P.O. Box 501, Maryville, Mo., 64468, or jasonoffutt@hotmail.com. Your story might make an upcoming installment of “From the Shadows.”

Jason’s newest book on the paranormal, “Paranormal Missouri: Show Me Your Monsters,” is available at Jason’s blog, from-the-shadows.blogspot.com.

17 comments:

Danielle said...

These stories freak me out...I wonder how many of them end differently.

Robert K. said...

Why did this women call her friend instead of the police?
Why put her friend, another women, in danger?
This is stupidity, better you (my friend) get hurt or killed then I.
What was her friend going to do?
Did she have a gun, mace, a big dog or two?
If this women drove for some time to get to her flat, how did these so called kids follow? Did they have a car? Were was the UFO?
Even using bikes, they could not have kept pace with her car.
How did they know where she lived, if she never saw them before?
Nope, don't believe the story! Something stinks like hell!

Jared K. said...

Robert, you did really read this story did you. 1, she said they were already there when she got home. 2, she said she was holding a can of pepper spray. 3, she said she didn't wanna call the police so she would draw attention to her house. Please re read the story and all your questions would be answered, and you won't make yourself look silly by asking already answered questions.

jmac said...

when i was younger my friends took me to a girls house they knew, when we got there i noticed she had baby pictures on the wall. I had never seen anything like this baby before very weird. It had an egg shaped head and no pupils either his eyes were all black no white at all she said that she did drugs when she was pregnant still baffled me tho

jmac said...

I seen a baby once with som e friends that had an egg head and no pupils the babies mother said she did drugs while pregnant

Bubbaj said...

Makes no sense. If she was barely older than the boys would they really be calling her "miss?"

I find this all hard to believe.

Richy said...

Don't they make contact lenses that can make your eyes look completely black?

73JennyD said...

The black-eyed kid stories freak me out too, but I can't stop reading them!! I like when Jason tells the story best though...

Unknown said...

What a bunch of BS. Those black eyes are contact lenses.

You can buy them on the internet.

Just put in the search engine Black Sclera contact lenses for sale.

Jason Offutt said...

To 73JennyD and Sequoya: yes they do make black contact lenses that cover the front of the eye. However, Sequoya, I've researched companies that sell them, and have interviewed people who've purchased them. The lenses need a prescription, cost hundreds of dollars per eye, are uncomfortable to wear, difficult to put in, and tend to pop out a lot. Could some of these incidents involving BEKs in their late teens/early 20s be hoaxes using these lenses? Possibly, yes. I do believe, however, that this is highly unlikely in 99 percent of the cases where the children range from six to 14 years of age.

Go to www.nexusmagazine.com for my March 2010 article "Invasion of the Black-Eyed Beings."

Thanks for reading.

Jason

Arcturus said...

These tales always remind me of the old vampire truism - they have to be invited in. It seems all the BEK stories have them asking to be let into something - a house, a car, a tent...

tenuousphenomena said...

no one in Ireland would call a patch of grass a yard, it's a "garden". on that basis alone disregarding this story

allan k said...

They are not supernatural. No such things as supernatural... these kids are products of science and genetic engineering...black eyed kids that can probe your mind?? Sounded like human/gray e.t. hybrids to me... maybe the grays are experimenting with human reactions to these earlier models of hybrids, use for abduction procedures and what not... who the hell knows, they're alien.. :/

X said...

Hei. I was reading up on the black eyed kids and I stumbled over a blog which has two posts, which are not about them, but mention black eyed children.

This blog is rather odd, makes you shiver and wonder, if you have the time to read it all.
Anyway, the first reference to the black eyed children is in a post named “old town” – which is about the town of “Sighisoara”, where Dracula was born. (Vlad the Impaler). Apparently there’s strong evidence in that part of the world, in old manuscripts, of a tale which spans over 2000 years, a tale that relates of how the town was built. It all comes down to the fact that apparently a black eyed child ordered the town to be built in that exact spot.
You really have to read the whole post to understand, otherwise you will think it’s just weird talk.

The other post which relate the appearance of two black eyed children, aged around 16, is called “no good deed goes unpunished” – and talks about how two black eyed children kissed a 1 year old boy and apparently healed him from leukemia. They also put a necklace around his neck.

Again, you have to read the whole post, or the whole blog, to understand. The blog is not about black eyed kids, but I found references of them inside it and I feel that they are somehow players in a much bigger scheme that we could fathom.

Check it out.
Oh, this is the link to the first post http://onvampires.wordpress.com/2012/02/06/old-town/

If you feel like reading the whole blog, make sure you read the “about me” or “who I am” page and the very first post. Won’t make any sense if you don’t.

I just thought to share this with you because I’m as interested in black eyed children as you are.

sweetdaddyg said...

a couple of issues...firstly it was NORTHERN Ireland which is a different country than Ireland. Secondly, under British law (which NI is under) pepper spray is illegal and is treated as an offensive weapon, so its extremely unlikely this girl had any...Also, in NI the term yard is an old expression for an outside toilet, barely used especially not by 18 year old girls, garden would be more likely...oh and this girl is 15 and chums with my cousin...

Anonymous said...

There's a story of a guy who let a black eyed kid into his car and then had a terrible accident...

Unknown said...

Has anyone ever heard an account from someone who actually let one of these children into their home/car?
I just found out about these things and they're fascinating and terrifying at the same time.
Hope I never see one.